in between.

I started as a hometown girl who moved out from the city. It was so scary when my parents left me alone. I got both excited and terrified at the same time. Crying was my daily life. Day by day, I got used to go back and forth from home to there every month. Then each month was changed into once in three months, even a semester.

I was unable to laugh, which obviously that is my favorite thing to do -laughing out loud-. Somehow, what people call as 'friends' successfully broke my ice. They brought me new perspectives. They changed me in a very good way. I used to think about how to pass through the day and counting the days until I can go back home. Yet, the nitty-gritty with friends occupied my everyday. I ate, studied, worked out, played, chatted and so many other things with them. I even discovered something: I love to go on a trip, my adrenaline couldn't get any more chill than ever since.

One day, my dad asked me "so, do you enjoy living there now?". I didn't answer.



In between the time I will go back to my hometown permanently and time I will leave there, I realize something. 
Laugh comes when I let myself mingling.
Comfort comes when I open my heart.
Effort comes when I am supported.
Sickness comes when I am sad and burdened.
Happiness comes when I know I am home.



I got my answer now.
"Dad, when I am here with you and mom and sisters, I know I am home. But dad, when I am there, my friends make me enjoy everything. So dad, I am lucky, I got two homes."
Oh sadly, you cannot be greedy.


In between the time I will go back to my hometown and the time I will leave there, I would like to say my most sincere thank you to my friends
In between, I will remember every kindness and happiness that had been created there, the place where I was belong to.
In between, I will keep everything in my safest memories, in here, the place where I belong.
In between, I take my leave.





With complicated thoughts and feelings,

MentariAdri.

Comments