I did it and I was so happy about it!

[Diary Entry]
Reading is one of the knowledge-absorbing-activities that never fails me. I enjoy reading that much even sometimes I lose track of time when I am reading. Personally, reading book itself is very challenging. It's hard to start a new page when you're already addicted to internet life consuming. I need to be persistent  to not get bored or neglected the book in the middle of the story. I need to stay alive even though my favorite character in the story is dead. I must get to sleep when it's dawn already but the book is in the most exciting part. I need to re-read (more than 3 times) when it comes to poetry. I need to calm myself because reading book is like a rollercoaster of feeling.



Two years ago in December 2017. I'm quite dissapointed with myself because I couldn't finish the challenge. Yes, the "Reading Challenge" by Goodreads


Started a new year, 2018, I set the challenge up to 15 books. Unfortunately, I was so preoccupied by lot of anxieties, worries and thesis. I wasn't in a good state of mind for a half year. I didn't read more than 2 books for 6 months, I guess. Yet, after thesis thing had been successfully done (thank God!), I came back and catched up with reading again.

Until December 2018 I still had about 6 books left. Thanks to my free time, I happened to finish the challenge two days before another new year.
I felt so alive. No I am not exaggerating but that was really what I felt at that time. I felt super alive and useful all over again. I WAS EXTREMELY HAPPY ABOUT IT.

This year, I set the challenge to 17 books. Care to join the challenge? Let's be friends through goodreads account. 

P.S. To those who ask about the books that I read. Most of the books from my 2018 reading challenge exist at my home. Only for Jenny Han's, I read the books from e-book. I spent my pennies mostly in periplus. The other online bookstore I usually visit is books & beyond. I really love buying books there, and I bet you won't regret it either. They give you the best service.

Let's broaden our knowledge by reading, shall we?

Comments