[SHORT STORY] Wind.

My name is Wind. That's it. That's how others call me. I like it though, my name. I'm neither tall nor short. Neither fluffy nor skinny. I have friends. Plenty of them, if you are curious. My mother always tells me to go outside so does my father. I think that's why I have many friends.

On a very bright day, which makes me look pale and white, I go to my friend's place. Storm is his name. He is so strong, a little bit muscular, and moody yet he's a shy person. I knock on his front door. He doesn't go out and open the door. I know it's because he's too shy. I knock again multiple times repeatedly and even louder. Finally, he comes to the other side of the door. He says "Wind, it's not the day, come again later". I say "Okay, but when is the day Storm?". No answer.

So I go from Storm's house and take a walk on the pavement. I see some kids are playing on the public playground. They laugh, run, fall, scream, and so on. Delightful. Then, I keep walking. Unknowingly, I arrive at someone's place whom I know very well. Cloud. He is very ticklish. He's very nice friend of mine and he's also so fluffy. Everytime I get near him, he says I need to keep the space. So, I take a mind of it although I keep forgetting sometimes. He's having a feast at his house. He sees me from his window and asks me to join. I have a very good meal. In fact, I have been hungry for I take a long walk. After a very good meal, I say my goodbye and thank you to Cloud.  I want to hug him but I can't.

It's still the peak of the day when I go outside again. I'm still not allowed to go home at this hour. Instead I keep walking around. I come to meet my friends at the end of this road. Their house is surrounded by long grass and I fond of it. The grass are moving enthusiastically when I walk on them. It's like watching them dancing. Then I'm in front of my friends' house. "Hello, good afternoon almost evening. Hello Suns", I say. "Hello Wind!", they reply. There are three of them in total. I call them First Sun, Second Sun, and Third Sun. None of them comes first to this world because they come altogether to here but I just like to call them in that way so I will not get confused.
What an exhilarating day with three of them. I have to go, it's almost evening. The Mother Sun will come home any soon. Oh what a day.

It's already dark. I keep walking. I know someone who is about to come out. Uncle Moon. He has a night-shift work. I come to his work place. It's fine they say, as long as I don't make any trouble. Uncle Moon is very funny. He's able to change his body shape. I like talking with him. He has a lot of stories, even sometimes I get too attached when I listen to his story.
Usually Aunt Stars are also here, she works together with Uncle Moon. However today is not her responsibility so she won't be here tonight.

Time flies. I lose track of time! The story that Uncle Moon tells me tonight is so wonderful! But I need to go home. So I say goodbye to him. He smiles and waves goodbye at me.




My mother and my father see me coming home. Before I take a step into house, my mother says "dear child, you have to go outside". "But mother, father, I've been going outside a whole day", I complain. "You belong to the outside world, child. You belong to everyone. You are everywhere. It is you responsibility", my father says.
At first, I don't understand. After few walks from home, I stop and think "Ah, this is why my name is Wind".

Comments