Empowered Women Empowering Women

[Diary Entry]

I think it's a bit obvious that my college life was such a life-changing moment for me. Every aspects and experiences that I had during the years were so important for my immature me.
No, I didn't go for an international championship, won a great award or being the popular one. Not at all, I think those kind of things are really not in my blood. But those years were very essential and opened both of my eyes to see in a brand new perspectives.
Through the years, I relied so much on "friends". I would've had given up if there were no them. I was surrounded by many great characters, needless to say empowering women.
This post is originally dedicated for my beautiful and powerful women (were girls) who thankfully filled my story with their own parts.
I am going to tell the world about their empowering traits and in case they haven't considered to have one.


1. First encounter : In a small room which so called as a hall where more than 200 people fully took the space within the room and all of us sweated a lot. Apparently, we were put to a same group for the orientation time.

Turning point : She immediately became the closest one in the group since she spoke casually to me. I walked to her boarding house at 4 AM with mom.
She gave me a ride and saw me cry to my mom on the first orientation day. I was so mad at that time because I really hate to be ordered around.

She has different major with me but it's not that different. We shared same lecturers and advisor.
As the freshman student, she took it very well. We spent a lot of time together in the first year and she slept in my boarding house lots of time.
She taught me how to be resilient. No matter how fed up and tiring the situation is, you have to adapt with it. You have to face everything to become better and get more experience.
This woman has the innocent charm. It doesn't mean she is not a grumpy and cursed a lot (past tense) but she knows how to interact with people by asking. She doesn't hesitate to ask to every single human being. She isn't afraid to look clueless but that's how she manages to adapt with the person she's talking to and how she knows to blend in with the situation.

I thank you for staying in my room whenever I felt lonely, you are easily instigated ;)
I'm so thankful that you always give a space in your heart for me. Those pair of sandals, pillow with our face on it, book and many more are so unpredictable gifts. But lame jokes, your patience, your kindness, purity and honest thoughts are the ones that make me know that I'm not left out. I know I can count on you as you are a friend in a motherly way.


2. First encounter : First day of faculty orientation. You laughed a lot and being centered of attention because of your funny jokes

Turning point : About the first or second week of college. I stuck around you because you were so welcome to anyone, and you went to the mosque.

She was a very cheerful person that I know. Never had I met someone who laugh a lot and so careless at the same time. Her laugh is contagious but she has the barrier which actually make people know the joke's limitation.
She has a lot of religious knowledge which I tried to dig and fed myself with it. She is the kind of person who is so lucky. I learned to socialize more because of her and that was a hard lesson for me. She is extremely down to earth and made thing out of something. She made the impossible happen with her simplicity.

I thank you to teach me how to manage my money carefully by buying just one of "lauk" instead of buying two. Thank you for walking to my place or letting me stay / coming earlier and stay in your place for countless time. You always showed up whenever I was sick and took care a good care of me. You are a friend with a heart of mother. You were being sensitive when I went out with a guy like a protective mother does. You bought me food because I was so lazy to come out even when suhoor time. You filled my days with laughter until everyone was so annoyed with our outrageous laugh. We walked to a restaurant just because we wanted to. Though we have different taste, you always found a way to buy or pick the food that I can enjoy as well. You woke me up at 2 or 3 AM just because I asked you to and vice versa. You always fell asleep in the middle of the movie we were watching. I also still remember the day you wore natural turmeric mask and went to a class afterwards which made your face so yellowish but you didn't give a care about it and so did I. Every event which we signed up together to be the committee.
We were synced so well back then until the last December 2017. I believe there will be days where our hearts are at ease and realize the things that we should fight for again.


 3. First encounter : First day of college. Canteen.

Turning point : Second semester, I stood up from the bed when were about to sleep. Then we danced like wild animals to Lorde's Royal.

She has a very mysterious chronicle of life. I admire how she kept everything to herself. She doesn't care about what people think and just live her life. She acts with the flow, flow which only her can control it. She rules her own life. She is like a chameleon, she is able to change her color to fit in (in a good way).  She is quirky to express herself. She lets no one to crack her unless she lets it to be. She tries with her will, she does according to her will, she chooses something based on her will. Additionally, she is a very loyal human being though she's bad in showing affection to her friends.

Send you my solid gratitude for being a sis and a bro, angel and the devil at the same time.
Picked me up, dropped me off, knocked my door, bought food together, bought the same food for 4 days consecutively, monthly (two weeks) grocery shopping, late night karaoke, took multiple pictures then said none of them was good enough, all the rides in every weather (thank you for putting so much faith in me meanwhile your life was at risk) and other uncountable lists.
Thank you for teaching me about the world map and letting me know what to watch in Youtube. All the pipe dreams and nonsense talks are still in my mind.
Thank you for staying since the early morning until late night during my hardest time.
The journeys, bitter - sweet and all.
It's actually a bad faith for universe meets us up. It's a disaster honestly speaking. We walk no further because we share the same opinions most of the time. But here we are in a very same position all over again, trying to figure out about how the world works and how we will work on that.
I hardly put the words, too much flashback happening while I'm typing it and I'm not planning to shed a tear at the moment. So yeah..


4. First encounter : Orientation day. We talked to each other while heading to my place with the group

Turning point : She always happens to be in my life since the first day. Or I'm always the one interrupting her life, lol. I'd say the most delicate memory that I have with her was at that time she took me to Serayu river just because I asked her to and because I was a bit curious about the noodle that everyone talked about. I still remember the bumpy road with the holes, the railway, the calming wind, the so-not nice color of the river, the motorcycles passed around the one way of the bridge, stopped by at the mosque and the purest smile of this woman.

She is the toughest and amazing woman. Beautiful, indeed.
She stands out although she thinks she doesn't. The most visible invincible woman. Her kindness is beyond words. No luxury needed, she is the lux itself. She taught me how to be consistent with whatever you do and not drop down your performance. Once again, she is the real example of beauty inside.

Thank you for asking me "mau sama aku, Tar?" while I was always thinking that I didn't want to burden you. Thank you for telling me the truth and be the mature figure while everybody yet enough to be. My feeling was so bizarre on the Eid day but you were there for me.
For all the rides to my sucks wishes, you made it happen anyway.
Your very existence in my life is so priceless.
I think we rarely laughed together when there were just the two of us, or did we?
Cheers to many more laugh and encounters in the future.

5. First encounter : In front of the class. Not sure when, but it was C 105. Her voice was so loud.

Turning point : Linguistic class, one group.

She is an independent woman for her choice. She decides everything then she takes a full action to it.  She isn't a coward to a new challenge and finishes her responsibility earlier. She speaks her thoughts and amusingly no idea what is happening around her. She doesn't care about people's opinion because she always stands with her own principle. She goes and walks by herself many times, unbothered.

Your dedication to your own life leads me to think how useless I am. We argue a lot and never have the same opinion, like ever. Somehow that's fascinating and I'm thankful because you test my patience. The way you complimented me is so valuable for me. You thought I was smart enough to be called smart meanwhile I never think in that way. That always lifted me up. But most of all, I am grateful that we never argued when were in a trip together. In that way, I enjoyed and cherished every trip that I shared with you and the other guys.


6. First encounter : Class, randomly.

Turning point : The fact that we are from the same hometown.

She is the living-proof of you don't have to be perfect. She is always late (on time) but she makes me realize you need to chill. She has the nine souls when it comes to the road. She has no fear and dances wildly to the music she loves. She thinks out of the box and weirdly which make her different. Again, she isn't worried to be different. She is a combination of badass and loving woman.

"Apa mbak men" were the words I often heard from her when I asked her something. Well, many good times had spent. You know how to make fun of something so we had a very good and wild times together. The time when I almost missed my train when you picked me up so late, that was nerve-wrecking but thrilling at the same time. Though you almost never ask me how am I doing, or tell me how are you doing, I am pretty much thankful that you were there for me when I needed you. I really had a good time rocking the journey with you.


7. First encounter : Class, we introduced ourselves to each other properly.

Turning point : She took me and became a good accompany when we were about to join an organization. She was so passionate about the thing at that time.

She is a thorough intelligent woman. She works hard for something she is passionate about. She works hard for herself, she makes herself worth. Definitely diligent. She is also so kind and loving woman. She compliments someone sincerely and criticizes when she has to.

I love the fact that now you find your path after all the dark times. We had different paths back then but thankfully we still shared our story and advised each other. The time when you took me to someone's place to send the "purple milk", I realized how spoiled I was. I learned a lot from every story that you had shared.


8. First encounter : I believe when we had the shared class (A & B)

Turning point : Committee, FEVER.

Part of her is like an eagle. Flies so high, observes carefully, and being unreadable mind. She covers herself neatly and shows the world her best part only. You'll never get tired of hugging her and liking her. She is the most un-hateable person. She opens her path, never crosses someone's and let no one crosses hers anyway. There is no reason to hate her neutral personality.

Thank you for this unforeseeable friendship.
From you, I learned it's the quality over quantity. Once we met, we made the things hit right. We didn't have a proper photo until our graduation day. I was also so thankful that we shared ideas and filled in each other gap.
And thank you for showing up in my office which was so absurd but that was the last time we met.


9.  First encounter : Class, first weeks of college.

Turning point : We always share the same class.

She was a good friend of mine. She is a good friend. She tried her best to fit in. She is very considerate about her friends.

I know life changed, there were bad times we had. Sometimes it's true that you just don't match to each other, the process is hell but then just puff no hard feelings. However, I am so thankful you were very helpful to me. It was a good time that we had. "Mie jawa" made by you is still match my taste anyway ;)


10. First encounter : Initiation night preparation day.

Turning point : Initiation night, the night when I needed to go to bathroom so badly.

She loves to talk to people though she thinks she's not. She opens her own path and makes people bark on her but she doesn't care at all. She kills people with her kindness.

Although you are a senior but it's weird that we had many times together. We always met and fought a lot. But then I would tell you how much I hate about something, and you were also annoyingly complained about what to eat. It's weird, really weird that we become friends but I am thankful.


11. First encounter : Organization first meeting

Turning point : Group chat of FEVER board

She is so fierce that at first I saw her a bit rude. Apparently, she's the other way around, she's extremely nice and opens to people once she got comfortable. She is way too smart and don't debate with her.

That time when we were outside the room while waiting the others to come, you told me about your relationship and how you felt about it. That was so sudden but I was actually flattered because I didn't think you would talk about something personal to me. Then I knew, we were about something to be (well you are my very bookish sissy now). I don't know very well about your current life and anything but the fact that we're still talking to each other is something that I'm grateful for. I thought we would never be a friend but life is always surprising, right.

Comments