escapism


It's always been book. It always is.

I am not a bookworm, I never were. But all my life, book is always be there for me through ups and downs, thick and thin. Cliché but it really is.

During this inevitable mad year, I come back to book and literature once again. Having lots of free time, I surrender myself to jump into someone's world and minds. I don't have any specific preferable genre. Mostly people choose fiction as they can escape from the real world and build their imagination through the well-served storyline. I do too sometimes. But honestly speaking, I like non-fiction ones as much as fiction ones. Whenever I read a self-help, biography, memoir, etc., there's something magical knowing and learning someone's story, experiences, arguments, and effort of researches. These books help giving direction to my long lost boat and awake the captain soul fresh all over again.

I become quieter and talk less either in real life or in the-technology-life. Then at that loneliest time, books embrace me. Whenever I dump and judge myself for doing nothing, books cheer me up and say "hey you read me, your brain is properly functioning". This thought keeps me alive. I'm maybe lost in real life but in the world of book I am a happy lost wanderer. So, this is my kind of escapism no matter what books I am reading. I just need book to rely on and embrace me warmly. Truly.

In regards of my fondness and dependence on books, I decided to separate my personal blog and my chitter chatter about books that I've read as well as films and music in different blog. 
Should you have any interest to peek inside my alter ego and addiction to all of those mentioned, you can visit mechatter.

Hope you survive the year well. Long live reading.

Comments