Borrasca


The first podcast series I finished last year was Borrasca, written and created by Rebecca Klingel and starring and co-produced by Cole Sprouse. Yes I know calm yourself Jughead lovers. The mystery narrative podcast is started when Sam Walker (voiced by Cole Sprouse), tells his parole officer regarding the past events that led him to be imprisoned. 

One day, Walker family moves to Drisking, Missouri as Sam's father job as a police officer requires him to move in. Sam and Whitney, his older sister, meets their neighbour Kyle and Kimber for the first time when he was about 12 years old. Then something happen, a rigorous scream voice is heard all over the city but everybody doesn't seem surprised. Kyle and Kimber tell Sam that the voice is from a place in the mountain called Borrasca, a place where bad things happen, but nobody actually knows where it is. The urban legend about Borrasca becomes more suspicious as Whitney suddenly disappeared after getting into fight with her father. Five years later without any clarities of his sister's disappearance, Sam and his bestfriends who now become lovers, Kyle and Kimber, attend the Borrasca party. Everything becomes more mysterious and suspicious after that day until one day, things got worse....

I used to listen to this podcast while taking a morning walk. As I was walking, I was deeply immersed in the story even many time I didn't realize how many laps I have taken. I could feel the tension and agitation about the mystery of Borrasca. Although I have to say, a couple of times I imagine Sam Walker is as the same as Jughead Jones, but to assure you the characters are completely different. Each character is well worked-out and vary. It makes the story exciting as well as the sound effects that fill out my ear drums create the eerie atmosphere perfectly.

As my very first podcast series, it was all worth the walks! lol.

Comments