the holy trinity of evermore.


The latest surprise album of Taylor Swift, evermore, is the second blessing gift for all of us in the darkest 2020. Taylor said she just couldn't stop writing and exploring the music with her music pals, Jack Antonoff, Aaron Dessner and William Bowery (a.k.a Joe Alwyn) ever since they started writing folklore.

In my opinion, the album is a very special one because it's just Taylor with her enthusiast love in writing music, and just wrote it for fans and everything else, she falls deeper and travels further into forest and brought the story to us without worrying the critics. 

It's just Taylor doing her thing, what'd you expect? 
Long story short, not fully recover from Folklore, I'm able to pick my holy trinity from the album, at last fyuh... Ok here we go...

1. willow
"But I come back stronger than a 90's trend"
A great choice for the first released single. I don't have any idea how musical instruments work but this song is such great catch. Categorized in indie folk genre, it boosts my mood in a gentle way.

2. ivy
"Oh goddam,
My palm fits in the palm of your freezing hand
Taking mine, but it's been promised to another."
If this is really about a love affar of a remarkable female poet in the past, Emily Dickinson, then it means Taylor swift is an utter genius in bringing the cottagecore vibes. I think she's really playing with the choice of words and metaphor in the lyrics, like a poet does in which we could say she really is. It's one of the songs that keeps playing unconsciously inside my mind. The melody is soothing, heartbreaking and hopeful at the same time.

3. evermore
"I had a feeling so peculiar, that this pain would be for evermore."
It is the last track of the album and the second collaboration of Taylor with Bon Iver. Is it purposefully to be a distressing piano ballad? Because if it really is, then she's done it magnificently (like she never duh). The instant changing tempo when Iver's voice in, it feels like a two different persons crying for help in their own way. The more I listen to this, the more I love it.

So, those are my holy trinity from evermore for now. I mean heart can change, right. What's yours anyway?

Comments