Where The Crawdads Sing


I didn't read the review of this book. Nor did I read the synopsis on the back of the book. I always like that sometimes, just directly read the content. This happens when I read 
Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.

First page into the next one and next one, I kept turning the pages until I got attached to the story. It was abruptly satisfying to successfully create the Barkley Cove, Fire Tower, Colored Town and the surroundings as well as the marsh because of the author's vivid elaboration and naturally alive. I've learned so much about nature and its creatures through this book.

It's also simply beautiful the romance between Kya, the marsh girl, and the boys. I can feel the loneliness and hope in Kya's character when she is wanting to be wanted. Moreover, it's undeniably agonizing and also infuriating as the moment Kya was accused of killing Chase, I got dragged by the inexplicable emotions.

Between the romance and the crime story, it's all perfectly well-proportioned and engaging. As a debut novel, Delia Owens is admittedly amazing in telling the story inputting elements of her own studies. 

Anyway, I got the copy of this book from a giveaway by @martina_thebooknerd on instagram. She is so nice and great.

Comments