JANUARY PODCAST - DEM TIMES

 

Dem Times is a podcast about Samuel Adjei, a troublemaker British boy who got expelled from school recently. His parents already gave up with him and decided to fly him to their roots country, Ghana. Next thing Samuel knew, he was already in a plane heading to Ghana without a chance to change his parents' mind. He was admitted to Ghanaian boarding school and it was a culture shock for him. He found himself cell phone-less, felt like an outsider and agitated by his new friends, teachers and the school rules. 

What makes this podcast interesting for me is because it gives me a new insight about Ghana students life. I know it is fictional but still the sense of its presence can be felt. For the comedy part, I have to admit this one is quite catchy. I got a good laugh listening the girls and boys chattering about some school stuff. Although their accent is unfamiliar for me, but that makes everything so alive and vibrant. Especially, the background music in the part when the teacher reminiscing her old times, I always laugh at that part. It's only 6 episodes, although the storyline isn't that strong at all in my opinion, but surely it makes you laugh.

Comments