Harry Potter 20th Anniversary (I'M SPEECHLESS)


 How are you doing Potterhead?

This year, we, Potterheads, are indulged once again by surge of childhood and best memories of Harry Potter. HBO Max presents to us the reunion of Harry Potter casts to celebrate 20 years anniversary of Harry Potter the Philosopher's Stone film. The film begins with the prolog interview of Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) and Robbie Coltrane (Rubeus Hagrid). Then continues with the scene of our brightest witch of her age, Emma Watson who played Hermione Granger, meeting up in a Hogwarts Express compartment with Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) and Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley). Then, they all, Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Alfred Enoch (Dean Thomas), James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), gather in the hall of Hogwarts. 

In this reunion, the golden trio sit down together and reminisce their first camera test together, and how it feels to be an actor. Moreover, some of them sit down or interviewed alone to share their memories and experiences to be  the part of Harry Potter family. Daniel Radcliffe shares that he was very thrilled to meet Gary Oldman (Sirius Black) for the very first time. Then the reunion between him and Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix) who played the death eater who killed Harry Potter's godfather, Sirius Black, is super refreshing. HBC brought her prosthetic teeth which she already kept for years since the last movie of Harry Potter the Deathly Hallows. 

When they all share the good old times, it feels so warm and full of love. The experience is very meaningful for the casts, since they spent their good 10 years in Harry Potter set all year around. And we all can feel it. Many times they keep saying how they feel like they weren't working at that time, it was like they're having fun with their family. Everyone in this reunion keep saying 'family'. As Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) said it's because they're family so they don't need to see each other every time but they always love each other.

As a Potterhead myself, I cried at the end of the reunion. This coming-of-age franchise was my greatest childhood memories. I watched it all together in the cinema when I was still underage with my family. And keep doing that almost every year. Even my sisters, my mom and I voluntarily waited in front of the not-yet-opened cinema just to watch it the premier. As meaningful as it is to them, it is a beautiful time for me too. And to once again, see them all together talking about the good past, was like calling back my long-gone childhood soul. 

This film will forever in my heart and to these days, I still watch it all again and again. I want to inherit this magical feeling toward to these films to my children, grandchildren and even to my grand-grandchildren if I could. This is how much I love this films (&books, p.s. Thank you Jo, JK Rowling).

To the always loved professor, Alan Rickman (Professor Severus Snape), you'll ALWAYS be missed. 

Comments